|_ HOME | ABOUT ECIKS | SERVICES | PROJECTS | PORTFOLIO | INVESTING IN KOSOVO | NEWS | PUBLICATIONS | PATRONAGE | LINKS
ECIKS introduces International Patronage Committee
Vienna, May 09, 2012 – The Vienna based organization Economic Initiative for Kosovo – ECIKS (eciks.org) has established an international patronage committee in order to increase the support for foreign investments and economic development of Kosovo.
The high level committee composed of personalities from academia, business, politics and society will support current and future activities of ECIKS towards facilitating the economic cooperation between Kosovo and Western European countries.
Currently, the Patronage Committee of ECIKS includes (in alphabetical order):
1. Mr. Erhard Busek, Former Vice-Chancellor of the Republic of Austria
2. Mr. Christoph Darbellay, Member of the Swiss National Council, and President of the Swiss Christian Democratic People's Party (CVP/PDC)
3. Mr. Franz Fischler, Former Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development of the European Union
4. Ms. Ulrike Lunacek, European Parliament Rapporteur for Kosovo and Spokesperson of The Greens/EFA on Foreign Affairs
5. Mr. Josef Mayer, Former Vice-Minister of Economy, Family and Youth of the Republic of Austria
6. Mr. Christoph Zöpel, Former State Minister in the German Foreign Office, Professor at the German Jordanian University Amman, Honorary Professor Technical University Dortmund
Since its foundation in 2003, ECIKS has been engaged in promoting foreign investments to Kosovo and in supporting the economic cooperation between Kosovo and Western European countries. ECIKS has so far implemented several important projects to the benefit of Kosovo’s economy, including the promotion of foreign investments, financed by the Austrian Government.
Projects implemented by ECIKS have so far facilitated and supported over 20 investments in Kosovo and have provided professional services to over 400 potential investors and business partners from the Western European countries.
With their experience and the high esteem, the members of the patronage committee will help ECIKS in its efforts to further boost the economic cooperation and keep up the support of the Western European countries for the economic development of Kosovo.
For detailed information click here.